Monday, October 10, 2011

Half Marathon and Temple Number 7

Saturday was a marathon of a day- well maybe just a half marathon. I ran the Layton half marathon on Saturday, it was my fourth half marathon. It was cold and kind of rainy but it didn't rain on us which was nice. I met up with my little sister's friend and we danced at the starting line until it started. We were dancing for probably 45 minutes straight but despite all the odd looks and pictures taken of us, we stayed pretty warm and happy. Towards the end of the summer when it's my second or third race I kind of get a little tired of it. Then I think I am done until next year, at least with long races. That's how I felt with this race.




 Then right after the race and a shower, my sister and I  headed to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to do baptisms for the family names I have found. This makes the current temple count 7 with 4 more to go. The baptistry was really nice and open with lots of windows and it was pretty big. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get our 12 names each done. It was because this lady brought 350 names and gave them to everybody that came in so it was quite a constant line of people heading towards the fount at the same time. The workers were very nice though and we got it done. The lady also got all her names done so I guess it all worked out. The Oquirrh Mountain temple has kind of a earth tone feel with the paint and the things in it, it was different but nice. The temple just makes me happy, I am so glad I can go to the temple I am so grateful for family history. To cap it all off our day ended with a rainbow.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment