Sunday, October 2, 2011

High On a Mountain Top!

 

 This weekend I went on an adventure I have wanted to do for a long time. I hiked to the top of the Wellsville mountains. I have gazed at them every day and thought of the day I would scale them to the top. My friend invited me to go and I jumped at the chance. It was funny that those going on the trip were four girls who had never hiked to the top before. Not only did we hike it, we stayed the night on top which meant backpacking all our stuff up to the top. It was a difficult hike but beautiful fall colors cluttered the mountains and the top was worth it. It was so beautiful to look down and see everything. We watched a sunset that looked very different from the top of a mountain, then we saw the nightlights of the stars above and the cities below.  We set up a tent on the top and attempted to sleep. I say attempted because the wind was so strong blowing our tent around and we had a comfortable mattress of rocks to snuggle into. It was a fun night of girl talk and jokes. We felt awesome that we being girls had done something so hard by ourselves. We booked it down in the morning to get back in time for conference. It was a fun adventure that was worth the sore muscles. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I am glad that you FINALLY got to hike the Wellsvilles. Looks like a tough bunch of girls.

    ReplyDelete